I love Mamie's reading list because I respect readers. I give mad props to them. And so, I have to give mad props to this other reader, David Barthelme. He's not really a reader, he's a famous short story writer.
Here's a story called "Me and Miss Mandible" written in journal form--a cool form. Anyway, he's really rad. He's funny and has really short stories, like 2 pages....except for "Me and Miss Mandible." He also teaches college English. Well, anyway, he's famous for being out of the ordinary. And instead of a syllabus on the first day, he just passes out this ridiculous reading list of like 81 or 82 books. It's impossible to tackle them all in a semester, let alone a lifetime. But it's worth a try... One guy tried it, and lived to tell about it
here.
Here's the list: Go ahead... try it.


1 comment:
response to a couple things: 1) wow jimmy that reading list will keep me on my reading toes for years to come. 2) i got to have lunch with char last week ... so sweet 3) i meant to visit the fort while i was home over xmas break but weird stuff happened and most of my plans failed sooooo know that you guys up there are first on my list of people i want to see. i hope life is being nice to you.
Post a Comment