11 July 2006

ok. wHAT. Dang. and yes yes ya'll and you don't stop.

Holy Sheezus.

So, I feel like I've been birthed and come out through a very tight tunnel into amazing brightness.

Yes. I finished my class. It was freakin sick. Wake up, work all day, read before class, go to class, read more for the next day, call Lauren and apologize for being a ghost of a boyfriend, listen to her tell me it's allright, write a paper if it's due, and go to sleep.

That's what the past month was like... every day.

Until last week....

July 1st, (10 days ago!!!) I was in Seth Burn's wedding and it was fun, we took him out to downtown Greenville in girl clothes. Lauren went and looked beautiful, and we began the process of coming back together in like a real relationship way... not easy.. but also really good.

Then, I got back to town and started working on my final paper because....

July 3rd is Lauren and my 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY, and I was suprising her with tickets to Cornerstone, which she didn't think that we could afford. Good thing I'm loaded (not).

So, I had to finish class early to actually do the cornerstone thing early, and it was a really hard secret to keep, but I think she was excited. (She jumped a lot). So, I gave her the tickets, in a box bigger than her, which doesn't mean much since she's very small, but it was big; and then I raced to Winthrop to take my exam, go to my last class (not the last class), and finish my paper while she packed...

Everything was going great, and Tuesday morning we headed to western Illinois for Cornerstone, durning which I accomplished the feat of driving for 16 hours straight (Lauren isn't that proficient with a clutch, sorry baby). We got there Wednesday morning, driving all night, at 6 AM, then set up our tent, and the rocking and relaxing ensued.

Lots of Cornerstone stuff, amazing bands (which I will inform Nick of), art, and, finally time to breathe with Lauren. She didn't leave me during the Slave Narratives class, a gift from the Lord for which I am thankful. Anyway...

I'll tell you about other stuff later, since this post is a mile long already. We got back Monday morning at 5 AM, after driving all night again. I went to work, and then slept as soon as I got home until this morning. I still have a tent in my trunk. But I want to talk with you all. I miss you and love you.

phew.


one thing we saw up there, which you should check out
www.myspace.com/towriteloveonherarms

3 comments:

Mr. Jenkins said...

man, i love you. i´ve got lots to tell you about this trip. its been... wild.

i miss you, i think.. .no. i´m pretty sure, i miss you.

nice move on the bday gift surprise. that´s nice. real nice.

Mr. B said...

not birthday. anniversay. and i'm glad that you're sure, cause i miss you too. i'm sure of it. and i can't wait to trade stories.

when do you return by the way?

Mr. Jenkins said...

why did i say bday?

i´ll be back on the 1st. of augusto.