14 June 2007

lauren is right the first time.

A couple of months ago, Lauren asked me not to take my summer class because it would be crazyness during the month before our wedding. But, sadly, I stubbornly resented. I wanted to finish by December. I wanted to finally get my Master's so that I could finally teach college... y'know carry my leather satchel to class on a warm sunny day, stop to talk with some students about when their papers were due, and read Hemmingway as a job. I am eager to do these things...

I am somewhat ready to not be a lab nerd any longer.

Somewhat.

Except that the first day of Milton class, which I opted to go to, turned out to be heart-poundingly overwhelming. There were two other girls wanting to take the class, only two, and they weren't talkers either, which meant I would be responsible for a lot of class discussion, which meant that I would most definitely have to read really old writing like mad every day of June, which meant no sun, which meant no vitamin D, which meant sadness for Jimmy.

And the professor was a little intimidating too. And normally I'm up for such a challenge. But not the month before a wedding.

It's amazing what you can wait on when you fall in love.

So, needless to say, it's lab nerd Jimmy until next summer.

Then professor Jimmy.

3 comments:

Mr. Jenkins said...

see you soon, my friend.

Mr. Jenkins said...

you. thanks for coming out. and your lady too. i love you guys. be good. see you soon soon soon.

Mr. Jenkins said...

hope the 'moonin' was fun. i found this and thought you'd like it:

www.stereogum.com/okx