01 September 2008

Update:

Hey guys.

I just wanted to post a quick update on the depression stuff. I feel really good lately. I appreciate all your love and the responses. Here's the thing...

Medicine for depression works for me, and helps my brain get over the hump of that lack of "pep." It worked really fast too, and then classes started and I missed a day, and then I missed another...

But things stayed good. So, I think that there's something to being invested in something that's really good, and kind of ambitious, and a little challenging that keeps my mind positive. If I'm working, then my mind usually won't slip into that depression dip.

And I'm really enjoying being a professor finally, even if I'm only teaching one class. It's a lot of fun, and the students are really eager and great!

So, here I am. Smiling again, but it is a little scary to wonder what makes us not live in melancholy. I mean, the world is a pretty crummy place sometimes, and so I wonder is it that we're simply distracting ourselves from all of that until we die?

Do the right distractions somehow lead to a life of joy and fulfillment?

I dunno. But I'm feeling better, so thanks for thinking of me.

No comments: