03 May 2006

Failure

funny picture... not so funny feeling.

-when your formulation sucks, after you've spent 1000 bones of company money on a trip to make it work.
-when your girlfriend has had a great day until she sees you.
-when you've smoked a cigarette and didn't want to.
-when you've huffed and puffed your way through exams, for a tiny little payoff.
-when your literary journal can't quite get finished.
-when you're alienated from your roomies, family, and friends, wondering if they think your an unholy outcast.
-when you can't pay the bills on time.
-when you've given the Lord far too little time.


I had a dream last night that I was writing, frantically, like a scribe or something in all of these different places and all of these different people were standing over my shoulder shaking their heads, people I loved, teachers, the pope, and it didn't make me feel very good like I was trying hard but not doing a good job and my work was never good enough.

2 comments:

Mr. Jenkins said...

i love you very much.

dwsimmons said...

jimmy, thanks for being honest in the blog, always good to hear...can't wait to see you soon in July and talk to you before that