08 May 2006

not a failure...

okay okay.

So, it turns out that negative self-talk is really sin. The bible talks about principalities, or wrong beliefs, that hold our minds captive (thanks Matt). There is a reason that Paul commands us to rejoice in the bible; we need to be told to think positively and not be mental party poopers who misrepresent Christ. Skip here at Eternal preached on worry this past Sunday. It was good. I worry. In fact, I get so overwhelmed with negativity in my mind that I cannot function, cannot cope, and cannot reflect Christ. And I'm studying David and he did it too. In his 20s (imagine that!), he felt like God didn't really have his back as much as he thought, what with Saul trying to kill him and all. So after he killed Goliath, and before he became King, he ran away to a town called Gath. And you might know Goliath better as Goliath of Gath. That's right, David ran away for a year in the midst of his despair to his enemies' land. So, don't let the negativity get to you folks. It has been getting to me, but I'm gonna fight. Don't despair. Keep your minds securely rooted on Christ, our comforter, the author and perfecter of our faiths, and the truth, when we are overwhelmed by lies that seek to throw us off and make us despair.

And Daniel.. Thanks for appreciating my honesty. I appreciate that you appreciate it. And I finally sent in the form with a voided check for direct deposit. Yay! No more negativity there, with all the guilt surrounding being a crappy supporter.

Love all of you guys.

7 comments:

Mr. Jenkins said...

i just wrote a long reply about how its pointless to worry. and then i got worried that it was too long. and then forgot what i was going to say. and i just started over.

i'm glad for you. i'm glad for life. thanks.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you feel like a failure a lot of the time b/c I do too. That sounds odd but I have been noticing lately how much/often I rip myself or others apart in my mind. I find very little positive things to think. sad. I have no idea why I am so critical. Only sunshine and lollipops for me.

Mr. Jenkins said...

pink paint should include the 28th. to look like its still "alive". b/c... you know, it is. the site. news. mmm... i'm excited tuh see ya.

Jimmy said...

jimmy youre right, you are not a failure. God loves you man and so do we. you are meant for great things...

Mr. Jenkins said...

yeah.. DEF not a failure. there is now proof.

Mr. Jenkins said...

jimmy...

Mamie said...

haha slave narratives ... how appropriate. and it ALMOST says "the revolution will not be televised" which is really funny and more interesting than "you can't be a revolutionary without a vision" which is at least what i intended for it to say ... i think it does say that unless my spanish just sucks that bad. hey if you come this way just go ahead and bring lauren and snoop too ... that way i can kill a lot of birds with one stone.