12 February 2007

Here is my unloaded mind...

I'm sorry that all of my recent posts have been random bits of trivial weirdness. I guess that I could really write about my heart, but I'm not sure that it matters. But for those of you who care, I'm well. Wedding planning is interesting, and fun. I'm excited about being engaged to somebody wonderful, and enjoying becoming a part of somebody else. Wedding's on July 14. Mark your calendars.

We've started a new young folks bible study at my church called "not your mom's bible study." We're reading 1 John, a book that always challenges me to look at myself as a sinner and deal with it. Good stuff, and other folks seem to like it too.

School is interesting. I'm taking literature of anti-war movements and critical theory, sooooo that means a lot of heated discussions, which is pretty fun.

Now... onto a lot of random interestingness...

If you haven't caught "The Show" by Ze Frank on the net yet, it's pretty interesting and weird. In this episode he talks about procrastination. He updates everyday. Notice he doesn't blink...


This is an NPR story about a really amazing teacher that has his 5th graders reading and performing Shakespeare and renting out their desks for his class...

Here's a good John Piper sermon about why we're crappy about loving Jesus and what we can do about it.

Oh, and here's a valentine for you...



and this is what I wanna be when I grow up.

2 comments:

Mamie said...

Hey Jim...good to see some of your thoughts down on ... keyboard?? you get the point. anyway, yeah we should catch up sometime. i wanna try to head that direction soon so possibly in person. who knows?

Mamie said...

also could you please for the love all things good and holy and for the love of my vida ... please, please take that music off ... i am beginning to have a death wish because of it and as a result have begun to avoid your blog.

Then also could you teach me how to put music on MY blog bc i have some catchy tunes i need to share

respectfully, mamie